A professional organisation at the heart of its environment
Snitem was set up in 1987 and is the leading professional organisation to represent the greater part of the medical device and the Healthcare Information and Communication Technology (Healthcare ICT) industries. It draws together more than 250 companies, many of which are SMEs.
At national level, it is the organisation that ministers’private staff, public services and Parliament liaise with and refer to.
As such, it is represented in a wide range of authorities and sits on decision-making and/or advisory committees:
- French National Agency for Medicines and Health Products Safety’s (Agence Nationale de Sécurité du médicament et des Produits de Santé -ANSM) Interface Committees,
- French National Authority for Health’s (Haute Autorité de Santé – HAS) National Committee for the Assessment of Medical Devices and Health Technologies (Commission Nationale d'Evaluation des Dispositifs Médicaux et des Technologies de Santé - CNEDiMTS),
- French High Council for the Future of Health Insurance (Haut Conseil pour l’avenir de l’assurance maladie - HCAAM),
- Strategic Committees for Industry Sectors (Comités Stratégiques de Filières - CSF),
- Strategic Council for Healthcare Industries (Conseil Stratégique des Industries de Santé - CSIS),
- National Solidarity Fund for Autonomy’s (Caisse Nationale de Solidarité pour l’Autonomie – CNSA)
- Observatory on Prices of Technical Aids (Observatoire des Prix des Aides Techniques),
- French Central Bureau for Medical Pricing / French Central Pricing Office for Medical Affairs (Bureau Central de Tarification Médicale – BCTM),
- Casemix-based Hospital Payment (T2A) Project Group, led by the Directorate General of Health Care Supply (Direction Générale de l’Offre de Soins - DGOS),
- Board of the Alliance for Engineering in Biology and Medicine (Alliance pour le Génie Biologique et Médical - AGBM),
- Board of the National Association of Telemedicine (ANTEL),
- Advisory committees for the WEEE (waste electrical and electronic equipment) and PIMW (Potentially Infectious Medical Waste) sectors at the Ministry of the Environment,
- LNE/G-Med Certification Committee,
- LNE/G-Med Scientific and Medical Committee (CSMED),
- Afnor’s Strategy Committee (COs) for Health and Social Welfare,
- Member of the National Conference on Health (Conférence Nationale de Santé – CNS); 8th college: Healthcare Products Industries
Snitem is a member of three of the federations belonging to the MEDEF (French Business Confederation):
- FIM: The Federation of Mechanical Engineering Industries
- FIEEC: The French Federation of Electrical, Electronics and Communications Industries
- FEFIS: The French Federation of Healthcare Industries. This federation is an umbrella for the main professional organisations in the healthcare industry. It is a permanent member of the Medef’s Executive Committee.
At European level, Snitem is a member of EUCOMED1, COCIR²and EUROM VI3.
¹ Eucomed:a European association bringing together national associations and companies in the medical technology sector
² Cocir:European Coordination Committee of the Radiological, Electromedical and Healthcare IT Industry
³ Eurom: European Federation of Precision, Mechanical and Optical Industries - Group VI: medical technology